Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Waiting...

Waiting on a package to come in the mail has reminded me that waiting can be sweet. When the thing I am waiting on is a good and sure thing to come, the longing ache that tells me I don't have it yet, also reminds me of how wonderful that thing is going to be. That expectation becomes joyful, even giving purpose to days, because its coming is certain. More so than the mail, I ought to wait for Jesus's return with eagerness and hope, allowing that hope to change me, because he says he is coming back, and he has never broken a promise before.

Hebrews 6:17-19 "So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath, so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, as hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain."

There, I managed to write a blog update without filling in every detail of my life that has occurred between this and the last post (;