Sunday, March 6, 2011

Well...

A friend requested that I update my blog, so I thought it might be a good time to do just that.

One reason I have not updated is that I forgot my password. Another reason is that I often try too hard to write something important, and write it perfectly. Sometimes, I suppose I just need to think a bit less, and write a bit more (:

Life's been a battle lately. More so than previous years. I am learning what it means to be a willing part of the process of sanctification, that is, becoming more like Christ through the work of Holy Spirit. This requires a lot of thinking, talking with God, Bible delving, discipline, concentration, and general heart circumcision. It really is much easier and less painful, at present, to avoid thinking and doing that stuff at all, and drown myself in worldly distractions.

But worldly distractions, and the sins I don't want to let go of, just aren't going to get me where I truly want to be. I really want to delight myself in the Lord, and be his tool for reaching the nations. I really want to be ready to marry my husband, honor him with all due unconditional respect and someday bare and raise up his children in godliness.

So here's to a new day and a new hope!